Monday, April 13, 2009

How can I get my Japanese Peace Lilly to flower??

My lilly isn%26#039;t doing to bad, its quite strong, but it hasnt flowered for ages. Ive started using miracle grow but with no success :(





any ideas??
How can I get my Japanese Peace Lilly to flower??
If you are talking about plant known as a Peace or Swan Lily, mine flowers almost continuously in the bathroom. It seems to enjoy the steamy atmosphere; I never let the soil dry out - it probably has half a cup of water a day.


Sometimes fertilising a plant actually stops it from flowering because it puts everything into producing leaves and doesn%26#039;t %26quot;feel%26quot; the need to reproduce; the flower is often a last ditch stand by a parent plant to make sure the species doesn%26#039;t die out.


My father was an orchid grower and he would be deliberately unkind to a plant which refused to flower - withhold water long enough to make it %26quot;think%26quot; there was a drought for example. This would be enough to spark off the need to reproduce by growing a flower!loan

No comments:

Post a Comment